Friday, November 27, 2009

After Thanksgiving Recipe

Well, Thanksgiving is over and we will be looking for recipes for the leftovers for several days, if not weeks. My recipe won't help there but it just might help you get through the rush to come between now and Christmas. Hope you enjoy!!!


A GREAT RECIPE...

1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.

2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock if you have to.

3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today. I am thankful for ______________.

4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.

5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli , almonds & walnuts.

6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.

7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.

8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.

9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

12. You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to agree.

13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.

14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'

17. Forgive everyone for everything.

18. What other people think of you is none of your business.

19. GOD heals everything - but you have to ask Him.

20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!

22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________.

24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.

25. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You'll be smiling before you know it.

Have a wonderful Holiday Season. I'll be "seeing" you ASAP.

God Bless,
Mimmy

14 comments:

  1. Blessed be the Lord: day by day doth he load us with good, the God who is our salvation. Selah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am totally printing this out (with your blessing of course!) to put on my fridge....I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce, What a wonderful list of things to remember. Thank You for sharing... I hope you are feeling better and getting the rest you need. Love you my friend. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' your recipe, and boy did I need it after the T'giving holiday~!! Missin' talkin' to ya', Mims~!! I have been busy, and still wonder about you and hope that you are healthy and happy~!! PLEASE come to my WORDPRESS BLOG?...
    http://margarethall.wordpress.com/
    See you there?....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a blog award at arise 2 write.
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyce, Thinking of you. Hope you are feeling better. Love and Miss you. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by to say hello and let you know you've been on my mind. I hope you are doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI, MIMS~!!!....
    When I stopped by, I re-read your list above and the green tea and food items brought me here to have you come see my new "Diet is a 4-lettered Word" blog at:
    http://diet-is-a-four-lettered-word.blogspot.com
    And, my usual one at Wordpress
    http://margarethall.wordpress.com/

    See ya~!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce, Checking on you... Hope you are feeling great. Love and miss you. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce, Checking on you... Miss you and pray you are well. Love you my friend, Many Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please help me spread the word of a sister in Christ who so desperately needs help with a limited amount of time left.

    http://godsheart-heart2heart.blogspot.com/2010/05/urgent-prayer-request.html

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joyce, I have missed your posts. I hope all is well with you. Look forward to hearing from you. Much Love,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joyce, It was so good to hear from you. I am so sorry you are sick and feeling down. I have prayed for you and will continue to do so. I have missed you. Please take care and know I am thinking of you. You are a blessing. Much Love my friend,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joyce, What a blessing to hear from you. I have missed you. I hope you do get back to blogging if and when you feel up to it. I will always be here for you. Praying you feel better soon. Much Love,

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment
It will make my day.
I love to hear that
You've been my way.