Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First Things First

It's hard for me to admit when I'm wrong. It 's probably hard for everybody. But, there are times when we all have to so here I go.


Since I've started blogging I've spent much more time at it than I should. Although I spend most of every day in my recliner there are things that I do need to do. Right now in particular there are some things I could be doing around the house. Not many, I'll admit, but I can fold clothes and I might be able to do some picking up and some dusting so I've got to try to be more of a help to Pat.


Number one on this list has to be my Bible study. I've really neglected it and have to get back to doing more. It is hard for me to read because of the medication that I take. It's not because of being unable to focus, but my memory is affected so I have to reread several times before it sticks. What might take one person 15 minutes to grasp takes me about an hour so I get frustrated and just put it down. That has to stop. Right now I really need to spend some time in God's word to bolster my faith so that I can deal with the other things in my life that frustrate me.


Also, since our financial situation is what it is, I have to get busy making Christmas presents if we're going to have anything to give to our family and friends. I'm beginning to panic because Christmas is just around the corner.


So that I can get my priorities in order, I'm putting blogging on the back burner. I'm not going to quit. It does fill a very important void in my life but I am going to slow down. My plan is to blog once or twice a week and read and comment two or three days a week. That way I won't lost touch with so man lives that have become important to me.


Hopefully, those of you who have been such a part of my life won't stop reaching out to me either. It will still be important to me to read what you have to share.



FIRST THINGS FIRST

It’s time for a little confession.
There are things I’ve pushed to the back.
Things I don’t want to admit
But things that I really do lack.


It’s hard when we must face the fact
That we have some limitations,
That we can’t make all the things in our hearts
Come to actual fruition.


There are many things I want to do
As I sit here in my chair.
Blogging is just one of them
That I wish to give lots of care.


Bible study is the top of my list,
Yet it seems I’ve pushed it aside,
Not all the time, not all the way,
But enough that it hurts inside.


So I’ve come to a decision
One that I have to make.
Blogging must take a back seat
To all else that’s on my plate.


First, must come God my Father,
Setting things right with Him.
Reading from His precious word
Every day, not just on a whim.


Talking with him about my trials,
All the things that weight on my heart.
Letting him take full control of me
Not just a piece or a part.


Then there are things I can do to help
With the care of my family and home.
There are not too very many
Since round the house in my chair I roam.


My crafting must have my attention,
I must make gifts for family and friends,
For the Christmas holiday
Since very little money we’ll spend.


At the end of this list must come blogging
At least for a little while.
It’s hard for me to put aside
Since it really fits with my style.


All through my life I’ve loved people
Around me to talk and chat.
After I had to leave my work
I have really missed all of that.


So I’ll not stop it entirely,
Will post just every few days.
Reading your blogs when I have the time
Catching up with all you will say.


This is not goodbye by any stretch,
It’s just that I’ll be seeing you less,
As I have much I must handle,
Many lives that I must caress.


Please know how much you have blessed me,
That I’ll miss seeing you most every day.
It’s just that I must slow down
If I’m going to walk in God’s way.


Love to all,
Mimmy

7 comments:

  1. Joyce, I will always be here for you. When ever you get time to stop and say Hi, I would love it. You take the time you need. Your health... Spiritually, Mentally and Physically need to come first. You are a great friend... Many Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, It was so good to hear from you. I hope you have the best day my dear friend. You are the best... Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimmy,

    I think it is becoming a new norm for most bloggers lately. So much time spent blogging, commenting and reading and trying to stay on top of things.

    DO what you need to first and when you have time or a break, just update us on how you are doing. I think your priorities are right in line with what God is calling you to do right now! I will still love you!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would put it right behind time with God but before everything else. A blogger has to have priorities. :) We understand. Everyone is cutting back these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see the dangers! Time for the family now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you stopped by......I work with so many colors that they all run together....I have one house that ALL we use is silver, gold and crystal.....another that we use only red and gold....So out of 60 houses we would probably have your colors somewhere.....Christmas green has taken a back seat to the NEW green in a lot of my houses....I am just so happy that blue is not an "in" color....I suffered through those years...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Setting priorities and ordering your life to fit those priorities is wise. May God bless you as you seek Him more. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment
It will make my day.
I love to hear that
You've been my way.