Sunday, October 18, 2009

"Just because I said so."

(Matthew 23:1-6) Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, saying: "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. "Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do. "For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. "But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments. "They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, (NKJV)




Do not do what they do…

Do as I say and not as I do
We often have heard people say.
But are these words the very words
We need to lead us on the right way?


It seems to me as I look at these words
That it probably really depends,
To whom we are listening utter these words
And the heart out of which they do wend.


These verses we read are the words of our Lord
As he spoke to the multitude there,
Of how they should listen to those who did sit
On the seat from which God’s word was shared.


But they only should listen to what they heard read
Ignoring what they daily saw done,
The Pharisees did their works to gain praise,
Making laws that were quite burdensome.


They loved all the power and all of the show
They loved all the glory from men,
The outward acts they did in the streets
Covered up a dark heart full of sin.


So if you must do as someone else does
Be sure that your model is true,
And follow the deeds of the Glorified One,
Who ever did as He says we should do.


God Bless,
Mimmy aka Joyce Smith
October 16, 2009

3 comments:

  1. AMEN

    Thank you for your prayers and support. I/we deeply appreciate them.

    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the beautiful comment you left for me on my blog. what a sweetheart you are and God has already used you to bless my heart today.

    I love making new friends...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a gift! God has surely blessed you with your writing.....
    xox
    *~Michelle~*

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment
It will make my day.
I love to hear that
You've been my way.