Sunday, May 17, 2009

In Despair

Today I am doing something that I do not intend to do on a regular basis, maybe never again. This post is to a particular person who is very much in my life but I am very little in hers. She has a blog of her own and is going through an extremely difficult time. She has a child who is very ill, she and her husband are dealing with it on different levels, she is blaming God and is therefore considering herself a great sinner who has surrendered to Satan.

My friend, there have been many times in my life that I have blamed God for my situation in life. In fact, I am arguing with Him right now. Many biblical characters have asked God why. The one who comes to my mind right now is Paul who wanted God to get rid of his "thorn in the flesh". God said His grace was sufficient for Paul. Do I think that Paul quit asking God to get rid of it? I'm not sure. Being the human that he was, I doubt it. Did that make Paul a great sinner? No!! Paul spent his entire life working for the Lord in spite of his thorn in the flesh. Am I telling you that you have to accept your son's illness without questioning God, No?

When God tells us he is going to answer our prayers, it is very hard for us to accept when he tells us, no. So many people have been praying for healing for your son. Maybe God is saying, my grace is sufficient for you. At the same time, you are having to deal with little sleep, probably not sufficient nutrients, the stress of dealing with the everyday "hastles" of handling your son's physical needs, financial stress, family pressures (although well meaning), having not yet had a chance to deal with the mourning you experienced just a short time ago, and a lot of other things I can't begin to know because I am not in your shoes and I am not there.

You have asked that we not tell you how strong you are and how wonderful we think you are so I won't. However, God has told us that He won't give us more than we can bear. There have been many times in my life, right now for one, that I have wished God did not think so much of me because I don't think I can handle it one more day. There have been many times that I have thought about Job and how he must have asked God to stop having conversations with Satan, he had dealt with enough. Sometimes I wonder if those conversations are going on today. If they are, I am right now asking God to end the conversation he is currently having with Satan about you. YOU HAVE HAD ENOUGH.

That is going to be my prayer for you:

God, she has had enough. Either take the physical cause of the pain away or make her see that she does have the strength to handle it. She needs your comfort. You know what she needs to feel calm and in control. Give her that blessing. You know what she needs to handle the every day stresses and pain. Give her that blessing. You know many other blessings that she needs that I don't even begin to know how to ask. God, give her those blessings. God, you are most awesome and you know what we all need even before we ask. Please Lord, give us those blessings. In your Son's name, Amen.

I love you to Heaven and back,
Aunt Joyce, aka Mimmy

(There will not be a poem with today's post. I'm too tired and drained. My final thought for today will be that there are many other people out there dealing with this same situation. Many people are questioning God and are asking why. If you are dealing with this and want to share your feelings, please feel free to do so here. We can set aside poetry for a few days to deal with a very important issue. I love you all, Mimmy aka Joyce)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment
It will make my day.
I love to hear that
You've been my way.