Monday, May 4, 2009

Up Day/Down Day

Due to certain health conditions, I have what I call, up days and down days. I am quite sure that everybody reading this is exactly the same. Then, there are what I call better days. Those are the days when I'm not quite up and I'm not quite down.

Some days I get up and feel like I can do just about anything. Those are up days. Now, I can't do 1/10th of what I could when I was 16, not 1/4 of what I could when I was 30, and not 1/2 of what I could when I was 40, but, on good days, I can pretty much do all I could when I turned 50.

Now, on the down days, I can't do very much at all. Most of those days are spent reading, doing word puzzles and watching TV. Some of those days I can handle folding some clothes but then there are the days when I feel like the woman felt who inspired the following poem.

Maybe tomorrow I'll be having a better today. Today has been a down day. Maybe tomorrow I can discuss how to turn a down day into a better day in just about 10 minutes. In fact, my down day has just turned into a better day because of you.

May God bless you all as only He can,
Mimmy



To Brighten Your Day!!!

I heard a down cast woman say,
In a moment of despair,
She was absolutely worthless,

Downhearted and full of care.

It made me stop to wonder
How many others thought this way;
So I wrote this poem for them

And with these words I say;

That no one in this great big world
Is ever very small,
For you see God made everyone
And we should all stand tall;


‘Cause he loved us all so greatly
That He sent His only Son
To die upon the cruel cross
For each and every one.


So when you’re sick and tired
And forget what you are worth,
Remember how our Savior
Came and lived upon this earth,


And that if we obey his will
And do as His Word guides,
We’ll someday be at home with him
In our place prepared in the skies.


Joyce Smith aka Mimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you leave a comment
It will make my day.
I love to hear that
You've been my way.